This morning, I got a message from Anjali that she's passed me the Liebster Award. I accept thankfully. I do have less than 200 followers for my blog. I'll take any appreciation that I can get.
The Leibster Award is for those interesting blogs with less than 200 followers. The rules of the Liebster are threefold: 1) Answer questions from the award giver 2) Make your own list of questions and 3) Pass along the award to other deserving bloggers. Simple enough?
Here goes nothing, my answers to Anjali's questions:
1) Is your blog an integral part of your life?
Almost. It genuinely gives me a home for the random thoughts emerging from my head!
2) Do you regret having posted anything in your blog?
Not yet, but of course the beauty of having a blog is that you control it! (Yeaargh! Power!) But seriously, just remove it off it you dont like what you've put up.
Urp. Does this mean I dont live dangerously?
3) Do you get embarrassed reading your initial posts?
Probably. Maybe thats why I dont do it!
4) Crayons or paints? (because I felt like .. :P)
Paints, of course. Try going swish with a crayon.
5) Which is your favorite book character?
I thought a lot about the answer to this question. I guess I am schizophrenic! If you read my April blog posts, you'll know what I'm talking about. So many characters that I love as much as the next.
6) If you were a musical instrument, which one would you be? And why?
Ah, Anjali, no fair, that's two questions.
It would be the iktara, the ancient Indian musical with merely one string. Just one string, but one can create haunting melodies with it. That's the uncomplicated creativity I aspire for.
7) Your favorite day-dream?
Am sitting at a desk, and writing. And writing.
And my stories, my books all surrounding me.
And the critics...
8) Which is that one song that has been stuck in your head of late?
Lord help me, it's Aloutte gentille alouette. And it refuses to get unstuck.
9) A stupid movie you watched recently?
10) Which one of these inspire you to write - beaches or mountains? Why?
Mountains. I love the sea more, but it speaks to me incessantly.
11) Name a song that would have suited the most poignant moment of your life so far.
Not a song but a poem:
Robert Frost's Road not taken. Especially the last lines in the poem.
Here's my list of exceptional blogs:
My Llama and me
The girl with the long tresses
Etchings from my soul and spirit
Oh, the humanity of it all
Science fiction mommy
- If you were to meet your favorite author what would you ask her/him?
- What's your favorite beverage?
- What is the next book or movie on your list?
- What's the one thing about yourself that you would change?
- What's your superpower?
- What's the one thing that bothers you about the world?
- Think about your favorite movie. Whats the one thing you'd change about it?
- How do you feel about spiders?
- What's the one place on earth that you'd love to travel to?
- What book/character by your favorite author did you hate?
- What one new language would you like to learn and why?
Again, thanks Anjali by the way, your blog Akoustik really rocks!